Tuesday, October 18, 2011

31 Days: Day 17 - Cream of Soup Mix

If this is your first visit I welcome you to my little corner of the world! You might want to start at the introduction of this series. It explains what 31 Days of Change is, and has links to each day's post as they occur. Just click on the 31 Days to Slash Your Budget Painlessly button at the top of my sidebar on the right.

I'm squeaking this post in at the last minute. I've been gone all day (I'll tell you where in another post), but I can't miss two days in a row! I'm going to make this one quick, then send you off for the recipe.

I found another homemade mix for cream of "something" soup. I did the math and this recipe would cost about 24 cents per use. A can of cream of anything costs at least $1.00, so this recipe would save 75% of the cost of every can of cream soup you use.

I use approximately 6 cans a month which would save me $4.50/month or $54.00/year.

I found this recipe at One Orange Giraffe. Head over there for the recipe.

If you are benefiting from this series, I’d love it if you would grab my button from the top of my sidebar.  I will be back with another money saving tip tomorrow.   I will keep up a running tally of my savings at the bottom of each new post. Just scroll down to the bottom to see.  Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll be back!

My tally so far:
$1780.77/year
$148.41/month




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment. They make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails